DIESEL-RK is an engine simulation tool
The DIESEL-RK is professional thermodynamic full-cycle engine simulation software. On a market, there are few well known thermodynamic engine simulation tools from different developers. These tools cover wide range of practice tasks: from general engine concept analysis up to design engine systems. The kernels of engine simulation models of other programs are focused mainly on non-steady 1D gasdynamic phenomena. DIESEL-RK is focused on advanced diesel combustion simulation and emission formation simulation, one has not such specific functions as analysis of engine transient behaviour or analysis of difference between engine cylinders operation. Usage of DIESEL-RK is effective if customer deals with engine combustion optimization and emissions control, port timing, EGR and turbocharging optimization as well. The main features of DIESEL-RK are below, see details in What is a Diesel-RK.pdf as well.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Diesels fuelled by diesel oil, methanol, bio-fuels and mixtures of bio fuels with diesel oil. HCCI / PCCI concepts and Dual fuel systems are supported.
- Thermodynamic analysis of SI petrol engines and gas engines, including prechamber engines, and engines fuelled by Natural gas (Methane), Pipeline gas (Propane-Butane), Biogas, Wood gas, Syngas with arbitrary composition (Producer gas), by any gas having arbitrary composition as well.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Two- and Four-stroke engines, Junkers engines with opposite pistons; Crank case scavenged engines, etc.
- Simulation and optimization of Mixture Formation and Combustion in diesel.
- Fuel Injection optimization. Optimization of sprayer design and location, injection pressure, injection timing, rate shaping, split / multiple injection strategy. PCCI analysis including Low Temperature Combustion phase, etc. Individual diameters and orientations of nozzles of few injectors, having independent control (own fuel and own injection profiles) are accounted and may be optimized.
- Detail Chemistry is simulated for Ignition Delay prediction at PCCI and HCCI for Diesel Fuel, Methanol and for Bio-Fuel.
- Common Rail control algorithm development; Automatic optimization of Injection profile fronts shape.
- Effect of Combustion Chamber Geometry modification.
- Fuel Sprays Evolution visualization.
- Nitrogen Oxides, Soot and Particles formation simulation. Detail Kinetic Mechanism for NOx formation at large EGR and multiple injection.
- Simulation of effects of Turbocharging, Intake and Exhaust Port flows, Bypasses, and EGR.
- Valve and Port Timing optimization. VVA optimization with the dwell of the valves.
- Multiparametric optimization of engines parameters, Conjoint optimization of NOx, PM and SFC, including Pareto optimization.
- DIESEL-RK solver may be run under the control of other packages: Simulink, IOSO NM, etc.
- The tool is very easy in use. Remote access is provided. Download (free for
academic use) version: 184.108.40.206.
This project has been supported by EU Marie-Curie International Incoming
Fellowship Grant FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IIF/PIIF-GA-2012-328361.
Last experimental (beta) release: 220.127.116.11 (February 2017)
has 3D mesh for sprays spatial intersection; supports dual fuel engines,
engines having few (up to 5) fuel injection systems working
independently and injecting different fuels in one cycle; Finite Element
Analysis of engine parts temperatures (What is a Diesel-RK.pdf).
|Select language to continue:
Bauman Moscow State Technical
site of DIESEL-2/4t software.
DIESEL-RK is a new generation of
engine simulation software DIESEL intended for ICE analysis. Diesel-RK
code allows simulation and optimization of mixture formation and
combustion in diesel engines. Spartial visualization of fuel sprays evolution
helps to design piston bowl shape and sprayer nozzles orientations. NO emission
model uses Zeldovich's mechanism for conventional engines and Detailed Kinetic Mechanism with zone model of combustion
for modern engines having large EGR and multiple injection.
Soot emission model is realized. Modeling of
combustion with multiple fuel injection with electronically controlled
fuel injection system allows development a Common Rail control algorithm.
Thermodynamic model provides turbocharger and supercharger matching
using SAE format files with turbine and compressor maps, EGR
simulation. Thermodynamic analysis and multiparametric optimization of valve timing,
in-cylinder parameters, fuel injection system are provided. Remote access
via Internet is supported. For simultaneous optimization of few engine
parameters: NOx, Soot and SFC the target function including list of
engine parameters may be calculated with User Model DLL and linked to
the existing DIESEL-RK kernel. Detail Chemistry simulation at Ignition
delay prediction for diesel fuel and Bio-fuel is implemented for PCCI
and HCCI analysis. Results obtained with
CHEMKIN code are used. Gas engines fueled by any kind of gas including
natural gas, pipeline gas, biogas, syngas and arbitrary mixtures of
gases are supported. Download software for free ...