DIESEL-RK is an engine simulation tool
The DIESEL-RK is professional thermodynamic full-cycle engine simulation software. This tool covers wide range of practice tasks: from general
multicylinder engine concept analysis up to design of engine systems. The kernel of DIESEL-RK
includes gas-exchange model, heat-exchange in engine elements,
turbocharging, EGR, friction, water condensation, etc. (everything for full
cycle simulation). DIESEL-RK is focused on advanced diesel combustion simulation and
on emission formation prediction. The main features of DIESEL-RK are below, see details in What is a Diesel-RK.pdf as well.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Diesels fuelled by diesel oil, methanol, bio-fuels and mixtures of bio fuels with diesel oil. HCCI / PCCI concepts and
Dual fuel systems are supported.
- Thermodynamic analysis of SI petrol engines and gas engines, including prechamber engines, and engines fuelled by Natural gas (Methane), Pipeline gas (Propane-Butane), Biogas, Wood gas, Syngas with arbitrary composition (Producer gas),
- Water injection with account of H2O condensation and evaporation in intake
manifold, port, cylinder.
- Thermodynamic analysis of Two- and Four-stroke engines; Junkers OP engines; Crank case scavenged engines, etc.
- Simulation and optimization of Mixture Formation and Combustion in diesels.
- Fuel Injection optimization. Optimization of sprayer design and location.
Optimization of injection pressure, injection timing,
injection rate shaping, split / multiple injection strategy. Individual diameters and
arbitrary orientation of each nozzle are supported.
- PCCI analysis including Low Temperature Combustion phase, etc.
- Few injectors in one cylinder may have independent control (own fuel and own injection profiles).
This system may be optimized.
- Detail Chemistry is simulated for Ignition Delay prediction at PCCI and HCCI for Diesel Fuel, Methanol and for Bio-Fuel.
- Common Rail control algorithm development; Automatic optimization of Injection
Profile flanks shape. Optimization of boot-shaped Injection Profile,
Optimization of Sequential Injection Profiles.
- Effect of Combustion Chamber Geometry modification.
- Effect of spatial and on-wall sprays intersection (overlap) on HRR is
- Fuel Sprays Evolution visualization: easy on a flat diagrams and with
- Nitrogen Oxides, Soot and Particles formation simulation. Detail Kinetic Mechanism for NOx formation at
massive EGR and multiple injection.
- Simulation of effects of Turbocharging, Intake and Exhaust Port flows, Bypasses,
configuration of EGR system (with Venturi nozzle, cooler and blower). Simulation
of water injection into engine.
- Valve and Port Timing optimization. VVA optimization with the dwell of the valves.
- Multiparametric optimization of engines parameters, Conjoint optimization of NOx, PM and SFC, including Pareto optimization.
- DIESEL-RK solver may be run under the control of other packages: Simulink, IOSO NM, etc.
- The tool is very easy in use. Remote access is provided (free for academic use).
Download 22.214.171.124 version of Diesel-RK Client
Last experimental (beta) release: 126.96.36.199 (October 2018)
has 3D mesh for sprays spatial intersection analysis; supports dual fuel engines,
engines having few (up to 5) fuel injection systems working
independently and injecting different fuels in one cycle; Finite Element
Analysis of engine parts temperatures (What is a Diesel-RK.pdf).
|Select language to continue:
Bauman Moscow State Technical
This project has been supported by EU Marie-Curie International Incoming
Fellowship Grant FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IIF/PIIF-GA-2012-328361.
DIESEL-RK is a new generation of
engine simulation software DIESEL intended for ICE analysis. Diesel-RK
code allows simulation and optimization of mixture formation and
combustion in diesel engines. Spatial visualization of fuel sprays evolution
helps to design piston bowl shape and sprayer nozzles orientations. NO emission
model uses Zeldovich's mechanism for conventional engines and Detailed Kinetic Mechanism with zone model of combustion
for modern engines having large EGR and multiple injection.
Soot emission model is realized. Modeling of
combustion with multiple fuel injection with electronically controlled
fuel injection system allows development a Common Rail control algorithm.
Thermodynamic model provides turbocharger and supercharger matching
using SAE format files with turbine and compressor maps, EGR
simulation. Thermodynamic analysis and multiparametric optimization of valve timing,
in-cylinder parameters, fuel injection system are provided. Remote access
via Internet is supported. For simultaneous optimization of few engine
parameters: NOx, Soot and SFC the target function including list of
engine parameters may be calculated with User Model DLL and linked to
the existing DIESEL-RK kernel. Detail Chemistry simulation at Ignition
delay prediction for diesel fuel and Bio-fuel is implemented for PCCI
and HCCI analysis. Results obtained with
CHEMKIN code are used. Gas engines fueled by any kind of gas including
natural gas, pipeline gas, biogas, syngas and arbitrary mixtures of
gases are supported. Download software for free ...